Ready to start learning with CEH?
We give you the fluency. Our regular courses cover all Spanish language levels in class sizes small enough for you to speak and get feedback. We use CEFR levels to structure our courses and lessons.
What is the CEFR?
The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is an internationally recognized standard that describes language proficiency levels.
In simpler terms, the framework helps to explain your level from beginner (A1) to advanced (C1).
A1 Absolute beginner
I can introduce myself, as well as ask and answer simple personal and direct questions.
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions.
- Can introduce yourself and others, as well as ask and answer personal questions.
- Can interact in a simple conversation with a slow-speaking conversation partner.
I can describe my background and routine tasks in simple terms but struggle to keep the conversation going.
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to familiar topics.
- Can communicate routine tasks in simple terms.
- Can describe your background and immediate environment in simple terms.
I can take part in a simple conversation on my own but make mistakes and fish for words quite often.
- Can understand the basics of matters like work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can write simple connected text on familiar topics.
I can interact easily with native speakers but still struggle with colloquialisms and academic language.
- Can understand a complex text on both general and specific topics. This includes technical discussions in your field of specialization.
- Can interact with native speakers, easily understand them, and express yourself without thinking about language.
- Can write clear, detailed text and explain viewpoints on a certain topic by giving pros and cons.
I can express myself fluently without very evident effort. I can also use language creatively for social, academic, and professional purposes.
- Can understand and write a variety of long or complicated texts.
- Can express yourself fluently without fishing for words.
- Can use language creatively in various ways for social, academic, and professional purposes.