Ready to start learning with CEH?
What is the CEFR?
A1 Absolute beginner
I can introduce myself, as well as ask and answer simple personal and direct questions.
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions.
- Can introduce yourself and others, as well as ask and answer personal questions.
- Can interact in a simple conversation with a slow-speaking conversation partner.
I can describe my background and routine tasks in simple terms but struggle to keep the conversation going.
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to familiar topics.
- Can communicate routine tasks in simple terms.
- Can describe your background and immediate environment in simple terms.
I can take part in a simple conversation on my own but make mistakes and fish for words quite often.
- Can understand the basics of matters like work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can write simple connected text on familiar topics.
I can interact easily with native speakers but still struggle with colloquialisms and academic language.
- Can understand a complex text on both general and specific topics. This includes technical discussions in your field of specialization.
- Can interact with native speakers, easily understand them, and express yourself without thinking about language.
- Can write clear, detailed text and explain viewpoints on a certain topic by giving pros and cons.
I can express myself fluently without very evident effort. I can also use language creatively for social, academic, and professional purposes.
- Can understand and write a variety of long or complicated texts.
- Can express yourself fluently without fishing for words.
- Can use language creatively in various ways for social, academic, and professional purposes.